If you need assistance, please call 813-677-5897

Relocation Guide to Tampa



Hillsborough County Government: 813-272-5900; www.hillsboroughcounty.org 

Pinellas County Government: 727-464-3000; www.pinellascounty.org

City of Clearwater: 727-562-4250; www.clearwater-fl.com

City of St. Petersburg: 727-893-7171; www.stpete.org 

Florida Chamber of Commerce: 850-521-1200; www.flchamber.com

New Tampa Chamber of Commerce: 813-293-2464; www.newtampa.org

North Tampa Chamber of Commerce: 813-961-2420; www.northtampachamber,com

South Tampa Chamber of Commerce: 813-637-0156; www.southtampachamber.com

Tampa Chamber of Commerce: 813-228-7777; www.tampachamber.com

Clearwater Beach Chamber of Commerce: 727-447-7600; www.beachchamber.com

Clearwater Regional Chamber of Commerce: 727-461-0011; www.clearwaterflorida.org

Dunedin Chamber of Commerce: 727-733-3197; www.dunedin-fl.com

St. Petersburg Area Chamber of Commerce: 727-821-4069; www.stpete.com


State of Florida: 866-693-6748; www.myflorida.comAn easy-to-navigate site providing a wide range of information for visitors. Visitor, Floridian, Business Government, and Get Answers portals appear on the left rail. Tabs at the top offer help in finding state agencies.

Hillsborough County Government: 

Hillsborough County City-County Planning Commission: 813-272-5940; www.theplanningcommission.org

Pinellas County Government: 727-464-3000; www.pinellascounty.org

Pinellas Planning Council: 727-464-8250; www.co.pinelllas.fl.us/ppc

Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council: 727-570-5151; www.tbrpc.orxg


www.neighborhoodlink.com. Enter a zip code and you will find information about average home values, general demographics of the area, and home owner associations.

www.city-data.com. You will find good information about certain zip codes, neighborhood links, and, block by block detailed information.

www.tampagov.net/neighborhoods. This is a great web site to find local neighborhood information. The City of Tampa’s Neighborhood and Community Relations page lists about 60 neighborhood associations from which you can get to know intimately a local neighborhood. 

www.hillsboroughcounty.org/onr. This website belongs to the Hillsborough County Office of Neighborhood Relations. On it you will find a map of the county’s 24 municipalities. Click on one and you will find a list of homeowner’s associations.

www.pinellascounty.org/resident. This website is dedicated to newcomers to Pinellas County. Property reports will provide you with a wealth of valuable information specific to neighborhoods.


Oversight of Florida’s Division of Driver Licenses and the Division of Motor Vehicles comes from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (850-617-2000; www.flhsmv.gov). Office locations in each Florida county can be found on the web site. 

What you will need to exchange an out-of-state driver license for a Florida license—a certified birth certificate (no copy) or a valid passport, a marriage certificate if you need to verify a name change, proof of social security number, and proof of residential address such as a utility bill. The web site will give you a list of documents required. You must pass a vision test. 

Newcomers to Florida have 10 days from the time they establish residence or become employed in the state. The registration of motor vehicles in Florida takes place at county tax collectors’ offices. To register you will need to give your Florida driver’s license, so get your license before registration.

You will need to have auto insurance from a company licensed to do business in Florida. 


Flood insurance is not included in most homeowner’s policies in Florida. It is an extra cost. The National Flood Insurance programs web site is www.floodsmart.gov and will give you good information about flood insurance. Pinellas County’s flood zone maps can be found on http://gisweb.hillsboroughcounty.org/gis/publicviewer

Make sure you have property insurance on the day you close. When you move to Florida and purchase a home you must have property insurance in effect on the day of close. If a hurricane warning or watch is in effect an insurance company will not be able to issue a policy. This means you should make sure you purchase insurance and lock in the starting day early on—i.e., well before the day of close. This will guarantee insurance is in effect on the closing day even if the watch or warning has been issued.
By clicking 'Submit' you are expressly consenting, in writing, to receive telemarketing and other messages, including artificial or prerecorded voices, via automated calls or texts from findgreatertampahomes.com at the number you provided above. This consent is not required to purchase any good or service. More details in privacy policy and terms of use.
Charles Rutenberg Realty
Joy L Frisch PA
1603 Weatherford Dr.
Sun City Center, FL 33573

© 2021 My Florida Regional MLS DBA Stellar MLS, Inc.. All rights reserved. The data relating to real estate displayed on this website comes in part from the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) Program of My Florida Regional MLS DBA Stellar MLS, Inc. All listing information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified through personal inspection by appropriate professionals. Listings displayed on this website may be subject to prior sale or removal from sale; availability of any listing should always be independently verified. Listing information is provided for consumers' personal, non-commercial use, solely to identify potential properties for potential purchase; all other use is strictly prohibited and may violate relevant federal and state law.8/3/2021 10:52 PM CST
This site powered by CINC: www.cincpro.com